A multi-channel marketing strategy relies on both digital and traditional forms of communication to reach customers across multiple channels. Traditional forms of marketing such as print ads, television commercials, and billboards are used together with digital marketing like email, social media, websites, and more. Not surprisingly, cross-channel integration where digital forms are linked together are growing more popular and are 70% more effective than magazines, direct mail, and PR.
Customers are able to interact with businesses both directly and indirectly with a multi-channel marketing strategy. In the digital marketing boom, print ads and television commercials are losing ground to websites, social media, mobile apps, emails and other forms of inbound marketing. Digital marketing is roughly 70% more effective than direct channels such as stores and catalogs, and cross-channel integration means customers can be reached through multiple channels at once.
In today’s digital marketplace, a multi-channel marketing strategy works best. By reaching out to customers across multiple touchpoints, it’s more effective to give customers the choice of choosing the brands they want when they want them. With emails, social media, websites, and mobile phones becoming the preferred method of advertisement—and 70% more effective versus print media—it’s no wonder multi-channel strategies with cross-channel integration are the preferred method for business marketing.
6 Tips for a Better Strategy
- Know your target audience. What channels work best for your business model? For example, an ad campaign for vitamins might do well with a television advertisement or direct mail coupons since they are targeted to a more mature crowd. Events and musical concerts will get more ROI with emails and website clicks.
- Focus on the customer experience. Your marketing strategy should present information clearly and directly. Multi-channel digital campaigns should cater to convenience, after-sale service, dependability, and responsibility—all qualities customers place value on. Consistency across all platforms is the key to success.
- Measure your results. After any multi-channel campaign, review data to see which channels performed better and which could use more improvement. This will help allocate resources, time, and money more efficiently for the next strategy.
- Timing is everything. Constantly update your touchpoints. A successful strategy is well-timed and relevant. You wouldn’t want to update your web page and send out emails the day before a big event. A drip campaign strategy allows you to space out information over weeks or months to generate interest.
- Cross-channel integration brings your marketing strategies together. Incorporate a Twitter feed and hashtags in your television ads, link to your Facebook page in your emails, generate printable coupons from your website for in-store use. The more ways you can connect your customers to your brands, the better.
- Learn to change your strategies as soon as you adopt them. Customer attitudes and focus are often unpredictable. What works one week may not work next week, so keep up to date on the latest marketing trends.
Benefits of Multi-Channel Marketing
- Data collection allows you to check your email open rates, collect customer data, and design more personalized campaign strategies in the future. More information saves time, money, and resources.
- Your customers are the ones using your products and services, so feedback allows you to improve. The better the customer experience, the bigger the profits.
Your Multi-Channel Strategists
At CMG, we believe that the path to better customer engagement begins by looking at your company holistically. Our Agile for Marketing (A4M™) mindset and methodology uses team-building and multi-channel strategies to make changes in your company culture.
By looking at every customer touchpoint, we determine the value of your operations to your customers. This results in better customer service, loyalty, and organic growth across multiple channels.
Let’s talk and see how CMG is the right match to realize your potential.
Let's talk about how we can accelerate your ability to create value. We're here to help. Get in touch with us today!
Business2Community : http://www.business2community.com/social-media/104-fascinating-social-media-marketing-statistics-2014-2015-01084935#zIQ8a8zUHcTpxY3u.97
drip campaign: http://www.marketing-schools.org/types-of-marketing/drip-marketing.html