In the world of marketing, a company’s brand can define its entire organization. A great brand strategies example is easy to understand. Or it is as mysterious as it is marketed to be. All that matters is that it aligns with your company’s overarching goals.
Whether your company is looking to gain wider recognition, repair its image, or prove it is a major competitor, these brand strategy examples can help to identify the path to success.
Examples from Top Brand-Positioning Companies
Amy Guettler defines the 6 critical brand-positioning strategies that can revitalize a company brand.
- Quality Positioning. Quality positioning can be used with any other brand marketing strategy. Consumers want to know your products and services are reliable, durable, and worth the cost.
- Value or Price Positioning. A high-priced item creates the psychological effect of value, whereas the low-priced item can play up the benefits of affordability.
- Benefit Positioning. One of the most common ways to market a brand is to highlight the best features of your products. “Our product can make your life easier — here’s how.”
- Problem and Solution Positioning. When disaster strikes or an unpopular opinion takes hold, it’s time to really dig in and listen to customers. A company brand that values the customer’s needs will stand the test of time.
- Competitor-Based Positioning. This strategy involves positioning your brand against your competitors. “Who has the best baked beans?” “Why is my competitor using low-grade materials?” Only the strong survive.
- Celebrity-Driven Positioning. Popular celebrities and advertising go hand-in-hand. From soft drinks to luxury cars, consumers love familiar faces.
Our Leading Brand Strategy
At CMG, we work in team-oriented settings with your CMO to identify strengths and opportunities that will propel your brand positioning strategy to new heights.
A CMG Success Story | Our Brand Strategy Example
Recently a major telecommunications and technology provider sought our team-oriented brand positioning strategy solutions to improve its brand from a problem and solution standpoint. While our client had a major stake in the broadcast and cable game, the brand suffered from low customer experience rating. We changed that with our customer-focused brand strategy.
How did we accomplish this goal?
We helped to reaffirm the company image as a resourceful media provider and an experienced promoter of technology. Our strategy involved:
- Repositioning the brand as a compelling and evolving entity
- Setting brand goals based on quantitative metrics and targets
- Reestablishing the brand vision across multiple customer touchpoints
- Providing a reusable, holistic framework for brand-driven decision-making
What did we accomplish?
Our brand strategy involved collaboration at every level. From the break room to the board room, CMG spent four months in the trenches to identify the brand’s underlying purpose, define its core benefit to customers, and evaluated every touchpoint along the road.
With the new brand position in place as a pillar to its internal operations, our client was able to improve employee performance and grow new relationships with their clients.
Contact CMG for a Winning Brand Strategy
Since 1998, CMG Partners have been leading strategic marketing consultants for some of the largest media and communications brands worldwide. Contact us and let us help you define your brand solutions strategy today. Think. Do. Move. Potential realized.
6 Critical Brand Positioning Strategies: http://smallbusiness.chron.com/examples-brandpositioning-strategy-25213.html